Device specific commandsGameMaker also has the possibility to start external programs. There are two functions available for this: execute_program and execute_ shell. The function execute_program starts a program, possibly with some arguments. It can wait for the program to finish (pausing the game) or continue the game. The function execute_shell opens a file. This can be any file for which some association is defined, e.g. an html-file, a word file, etc. Or it can be a program. It cannot wait for completion so the game will continue.
os_type This variable holds the platform the game is running on. It can be one of the following:-
- os_win32 Windows 32bit executable.
- os_win64 Windows 64bit executable.
- os_macosx Mac OSX.
- os_psp Playstation portable.
- os_ios Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch etc.)
- os_android Android device (phone of tablet)
os_device This variable helps to further classify the device your running on. It can be one of the following-
- device_ios_iphone iPhone non-retina.
- device_ios_iphone_retina An iPhone with a retina display.
- device_ios_ipad iPad device.